Our historic stained glass windows date back to 1887. The Good Shepherd windows have, in their center, Jesus holding a lamb, standing amid a flock of other sheep. To the right and left are windows with symbols of the Four Evangelists, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
The windows were purchased by Mary G. Morris and her sisters. Ordered from New York, they traveled by train to Anderson. These windows survived fire and multiple moves before resting in their current location on the east wall, behind the sanctuary, in the apse of the church.
Among the other windows installed in 1904 and still in use, the “Gadsden Window” adorns the west wall of the church, above the narthex. This window was purchased with donations made by congregation and community members in memory of the Rev. Thomas Gadsden, Grace’s church leader in the late 1800s.
The Zimmer Pipe Organ was added as part of a renovation that was completed in 2001, for the Sesquicentennial celebration of Grace Church. The Zimmer Pipe Organ was inaugurated in February of 2001.
[Information courtesy of, “Inheritors of a Tradition,” Barbara C. Scott and F. Kenneth Thompson].